Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas.

Here's an Excerpt from The Do Over...

Dani and Liam's first Christmas. Well, it was Noche Buena, Christmas Eve.


I opened the front door and flipped the switch to turn on the Christmas tree lights. I was momentarily blinded. It was something like Chevy Chase’s Christmas Vacation. Okay, I exaggerated. The tree was beautiful, and Dani had done an amazing job with decorating it and making it perfect. I breathed in deeply, taking in the refreshing scent. Our living room smelled like pine. Yes, this was our home, and I loved thinking of it like that. When the time was right, we’d make it official.  
 For now, I was letting her take the lead. I knew where we were headed. I’d always known, but Dani needed to do things in her own timing. When she was ready, I knew she would dive right in with no regrets and no looking back. Until then, she would just dip her toes in the water, contemplating every single obstacle—which was usually her fears and insecurities—standing between her and what she wanted.  
I tossed the keys on the counter. Laying my phone down, I saw the time. When I turned around, Dani wrapped her arms around my waist and put her head on my chest.  
Pulling her in tighter, I whispered in her ear, “Merry Christmas, baby.”  
She looked up at me with her eyes sparkling, and could feel her heart racing. Her facebrightened. There it was, the smile that had stolen my heart and kept it captive.  
“Merry Christmas,” she said softly. “This is my favorite place in the world.” 
“The living room is your favorite place? And here I thought we could travel to exotic places,” I teased, stroking her hair. 
 “Well, actually, I do love this room with all its dude decor. Give me another month, and I’ll have it chickified.” She squeezed me. “Seriously, being with you is my favorite place. Anywhere. It doesn’t matter. Nothing else matters. Don’t take that as a discouragement to travel to exotic places. I’m up for that also as long as I’m with you.”  
She had me wrapped around her little finger. I looked at her with adoration. “That’s because this right here, wherever we are, is home.” I swayed with her in my arms, rocking to the melody in my heart. “I think you need to look up.” I pointed. “It seems a little bah-humbug elf strategically placed mistletoe right above your head.”  
She looked up, crinkling the cutest bunny nose. “The nerve of that little elf. I think you paid her off. This must be the only way you can get a kiss.”  
I could tell my playful girl felt safe. She ran her hands up my chest, wrapping them around my neck, as she pulled my mouth down over hers. Her tongue toyed with my lower lipI brought my hands to her face, gently stroking her cheeks with my thumbs. Her lips parted, and I slipped my tongue in her mouth and kissed her with everything I had in me to give. She met me stroke for stroke. The heat between us was combustibleand the passion was intense. I needed to start shedding some of my clothes fast. As sappy as it sounded, the love between us was powerful. 
When I pulled back from her, my lips missed her. My dick was aching for her, and I wanted to make love to her. I was out of breath as my heart pounded in my chest. She owned me.  
“Best Christmas present ever,” I panted.  
“Wow, you’re cheap,” she said, trying to catch her breath. “I should return the gifts I bought you.” She giggled as she weaved her fingers inside my shirt.  
At this rate, we would never exchange our gifts. I was about twenty seconds away from throwing her on the couch and having my way with her. 
“Cheap? Not even close. That kiss was priceless. The passion, the heart, the woman. I’d give my life for you.” Now, I was about fifteen seconds away from putting her up on the counter. It was the closest surface.  
I was waiting for the moment when she would look at me with those eyes that said, “Fuck me,” or “I love you, so make mad passionate love to me.” All I knew was that my dick was on high alert. The alarms were sounding, and I needed her.  
I kissed her like a man starved for his next meal. My hands were in her hair while hers were in my shirt. All my blood went south. 
She pulled back and led me to the Christmas tree. “This way, Romeo.”  
I had no problem making love to her on the floor in front of the tree. I pictured her naked with the tiny lights reflecting off of her body. I’d lick every spot that flickered.  
She grabbed the remote and quickly turned on Christmas mood music. It was nice but unnecessary. I was already in the mood. I wrapped my arm around her waist and dragged her back into me. She fell into my chest, giggling, as she tossed her head to the side.  
I was like one of those vampires, zeroing in on my source of life. I licked, sucked, and nipped her neck. She whimpered, and her body trembled. My pants were about to tear apart like the Incredible Hulk.  
She turned around, hooking her hand on my neck.  
I cradled her in my arms. “I love you, baby.” I leaned my forehead against hers. “We’re going to open gifts later, right?”  
She drove me insane. It wasn’t the way Mr. Hurst had explained it in sixth-grade health class. Well, it was, but it was more than that. My dick and heart would collide, and my desire for her would become more than just a physical ache and throb. When I would look into her eyes, she’d reach in and grab hold of me. I would crave her lips like someone would need a tall glass of water in the desert. But the most out-of-this-world amazing moment would be when I was inside of her. We literally would become one. I didn’t know that I wasn’t a whole person until I was with her.  
She placed a feather-light kiss on my lips. “Nope. Opening gifts now.”  
My brain failed to compute. My hands reached down and played with the hem of her dress as I caressed her thigh. My lips grazed her jaw while her trembling hands held my face.  
Breathing heavily, she said, “Liam, look at me.” Her eyes were wild. “Presents now.”  
Holding her in a tight embrace, I kissed the top of her head. I wanted to kiss other parts of her body, mainly between her legs, but I loved my girl more than I loved my dick. My dick was taking one for the team. I closed my eyes and slowed my own breathing. I willed myself to think of other things. ESPN. Her eyes on fire. NFL playoffs. Her pantingSportsCenterI love her more than my dick.  
“Okay, we’ll do gifts now, but I don’t guarantee your safety after gifts.”  
“Who said I wanted to be safe?” Her eyes danced playfully. “Danger’s my middle name,” she sassed. “But first, I do want to give you my gifts, so sit down.”  
As the music played softly in the background, the glimmer from the Christmas lights almost made her look angelic. Pulling her hair to one side, Dani kneeled by the tree and picked up a large box 
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look so beautiful before.”  
“More beautiful than I was in CPR class?” she asked, coyly.  
I smiled, nodding. She was breathtaking. Her eyes caught my gaze.  
“Love ya,” she said as a sweet smile touched her eyes.  
In that instant, I fell in love with her all over again.  

***

Read The Do Over: One-Click here

No comments: