Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's Not Over Teaser: Madison's Favorite Dessert

Madison Stuart may live life by her own rules and intimidate most men. But she has a weakness and it's called chocolate cake.


Check out an excerpt from Chapter 2 of It's Not Over.





The crowd at the bar was thinning out, and dickface made the last call. I walked behind the bar and grabbed a couple of forks and napkins.

Bruce turned and glared at me. “This area is off-limits to you.”

He could go fuck off with the redhead he had been talking to—or with himself for all I cared. Asshole. I ignored him, considering my lack of response progress, and made my way down the corridor to Madison’s office. I pushed through the door that was cracked open, and her eyes shifted up from her computer monitor.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, sitting back in her chair.

“I come bearing a gift,” I said, lifting the bag and setting it on her desk.

Madison was all about clean eating and exercise. The woman ate the most disgusting shit known to man, but she loved fine cuisine and chocolate. She would take one bite, and it would look like she was about to come. It was the fucking sexiest thing I’d ever seen. She would open her mouth in an O-shape, close her eyes, tilt her head back, and smile. I could feel my dick hardening just by thinking about it.

Her lips curved to one side, and her eyes sparkled. “A gift? That might make up for the fact that you barged into my office without knocking or a greeting. Once again, I must remind you that manners go a very long way.”

I walked behind her desk, placed my hands on her shoulders, and rubbed them. Her head tilted to the side, elongating her neck.

I leaned in and whispered in her ear, “Hello. How are you? Forgive me for my rudeness. I was so excited to see you and share my wonderful news that I behaved in an uncivilized manner. Will you please grace me with the honor of your company and let me spoil you with my little surprise?”

She sighed and laughed softly. “You’re so full of shit. Does this crap work on Daniela?”

“Aren’t you even slightly curious to know what’s in the bag?”

I ran my hands up her neck, kneading her tension away, as she rolled her head into my touch. I knew the answer to that question. She was like a little girl when it came to my surprises.

“You did apologize,” she said.

She sighed as I worked my hands back down her neck and along her shoulders.

“So, what did you bring me?”

“Come on, let’s get out of here, and I’ll show you.” I ran my hands down her arms and pulled out her chair.
She opened her bottom drawer and pulled out her purse, and we made our way out of her office. We walked out of the bar and down the stairs to the courtyard leading to the parking lot.

“Here—sit down,” I said, motioning to the bench.

I sat down next to her. Her eyes darted to the bag, and I debated on whether or not I should torture her by withholding her moment of pleasure, drawing it out, and building the anticipation.

“So, how was your meeting?” she asked, turning toward me.

I slowly opened up the bag and handed her a napkin and a fork. “My meeting? Well, you’re looking at the master of sales. I sold it. I closed the biggest fucking deal of my life. No one at my level has ever done anything this huge. I did it. I fucking kicked ass.”

I looked over at her. Fuck, I saw it. There it was. Her eyes lit up, and her mouth spread wide into a huge smile.

She reached over and hugged me. With her head buried in my neck, she said, “I’m proud of you. I knew you could do it.”

I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes, breathing in her scent. “I had to tell you first.” I held on to her, not wanting to let go, but I pulled back and smiled, looking in her eyes. I lowered my gaze to her mouth. I wanted to kiss her, to feel her lips against mine with my tongue in her mouth. Soon enough—not until I make things right.

I looked away and over at the bag. I opened it, changing up the mood between us. I couldn’t go there with her, especially not after what had happened on New Year’s. As I pulled out the container from the bag, her eyes widened, and she bit her lower lip.

“Well, well, well, Mr. Marin. I think you’ve done really well tonight. You’ve even made up for behaving like a savage when you first arrived.”

“I knew you’d approve.”

I handed the dessert to her, and I went to reach for my fork. She greedily tucked the box toward her chest.
“You’re not going to share with me?” I teased.

“Rick, this is chocolate pudding cake from Prime One Twelve. It’s my weakness.”

“I see that I’ve found your kryptonite, but since I don’t want you to have any regrets in the morning, I’ll help you eat it.”

I reached over and sliced a corner with my fork before lifting it to her mouth. I watched as her eyes followed the fork. She opened her mouth for me and slowly closed her eyes.

Fuck, my dick’s getting hard.

She wrapped her lips around the fork and slowly slid the morsel off, moaning softly. She opened her eyes after she swallowed that first piece of decadence and said, “Oh. My. God. That’s divine. Thank you.”

“Anything for you,” I said.

We began slowly eating the cake on the bench. When only one bite was left, I looked over at her, watching her savor that last piece.

“You were wrong about me,” I said.

“I highly doubt that,” she responded, using her finger to wipe a smudge of chocolate from the corner of her mouth.

I reached my hand over and took hold of her tantalizing chocolate-covered finger. I brought it to my lips as I glanced up and caught her storming eyes. My lip curled before I opened my mouth and licked the chocolate clean. I didn’t want to stop with just her finger, but I had to keep my focus, so I laid her hand back down onto her lap.

“You were. I’m not the same man who you first met. I’ve made some really shitty choices, but my intentions were in the right place. I’m going to prove to you and Daniela that I’m that man, the better one. You’ll see. Tomorrow, everything will be right—the way it’s supposed to be.”

Release date:  January 13th, 2014

Add to your Goodreads TBR 

No comments: