Sunday, February 24, 2013

Life of An Indie Writer: Blog Hop


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be an Indie Writer?  You have this great idea; characters talk in your head and scenes play out.  Why not?  

Self-publishing has opened the door to anyone with a vision to make it a reality.  

I've just polished off a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi, elixir to the gods and the juice that keeps me going.   Here are some answers to probing questions, I know you're dying to know.  

The Blog Hop

1: What is the working title of your book?

The Do Over


2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

Life.  But it's purely fiction.  Although a lot of the events have happened to me, one way or another.  And a lot of them didn't.  

3: What genre does your book come under?

Contemporary Romance

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Genesis Rodriguez as Dani Ruiz
Paul Walker as Liam Lucas
Marco Dapper as Rick Marin














5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

The Do Over is about second chances, learning when to hold on and when to let go.  

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

Self published

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I've been working on The Do Over since mid-October almost done.  So far five (5) months.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Hmm, good question.  But I don't have an answer for that.  I'll have to think about it.  

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Kindle Buddies Facebook group had a prologue contest in October.  I decided to give it a shot and submitted my prologue.  And the craziest thing happened, the characters haunted me until I told their story.  

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

The Do Over is fun, sexy and steamy.  I think to one degree or other, the reader can relate to the characters.  You'll laugh and roll your eyes.  Fall in love and understand that sometimes things aren't always black and white...or maybe they are.

PS  The blog hop would be much more successful if i would have done it correctly.  But see, I didn't.  Oops, my bad.  I've been exhausted this week. Overwhelmed with the life of an Indie Writer. You have no idea how much goes into making this vision a reality.  A few times, I wanted to close up my laptop and just walk away.  Yep, true story.  

Off to work on edits and finish up two chapters.  I'm plugging away.  I will finish.  I will do this.  

Whatever your dream is....make it happen!

1 comment:

Megan Hand said...

Sigh... blog hops are confusing.